Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Citrus Plus Cafe & Restaurant @ Subang Jaya SS15

Well, my city-life food exploration has officially begun! First place up is Citrus Plus Cafe & Restaurant. Recommended by a friend, this place has its roots from Sarawak and this can be seen in certain dishes on the menu which is infused with Sarawak's much hailed black pepper. I'm a pepper maniac, so this is right up my alley.

Citrus Plus (1)

Nothing much to shout about the ambiance of the place and also a bit too dim for my liking. The picture above needed loads of lighting up :p Citrus Plus' menu is quite extensive and covers everything from soups, pastas, and pizzas to chops, seafood and baked rice. But one thing they specialize more on are burgers. And for good reason.

Citrus Plus (2)

I haven't tasted Secret Recipe's Shepherd's Pie before but I'm sure it can't beat this one! Citrus Plus' Shepherd's Pie (RM8.50) is flavorful, sinful and satisfying with each scoop. Juicy minced meat covered with mashed potato, topped with cheese and baked till pipping hot, definitely one to share and enjoy. Don't let its small size fool you. It really is filling.

Citrus Plus (3)

I took forever to decide what to eat and in the end since it was a Sarawak-influenced eatery, I decided to try the Smok'in Burger (RM11.90); consisting of a crispy patty topped with cheese and caramelized onions and smothered with a layer of awesome Sarawak black pepper sauce. This sauce made the burger! That is why Sarawak black pepper is freaking awesome! Oh before I forget, the burger is served with fries and coleslaw :p

Thankfully we canceled an order of Seafood Breadbowl (RM9) as we were already full with the 2 dishes. But this dish comes highly recommended as well and so I shall try it on my next visit here. There's also an ongoing promotion till January 31st. Click here for more details.

Food exploration in this part of the city is off to a good start. What's next?


Citrus Plus Cafe & Restaurant
45, Jalan SS15/4D
Subang Jaya
Tel: 03-56211249

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...