Search This Blog

Sunday 17 August 2008

Italiannies @ 1 Utama

Joined Pearl and her family for a post-graduation dinner for Pearl's sister-in-law. Destination? Italiannies! I haven't been to Italiannies before. So its a good time for a sneak peek :p


Since I was dining with people who were not aware of my food blogging, I kept my camera low key. So I kinda missed out on taking a picture for one of the dishes not mentioned in this post :p


I must say the ambiance here is true to its name. Wooding chairs, tables, window panels, and wine compartment to name a few.



Like the phrase says, lets get down to the eating!!


First up, Caesar Salad! I've heard so much about this particular type of salad, and I must say it was gorgeous! Has every chance of converting someone into a vegetarian :p


Okay I forgot the name of this dish, but it went something like Gilopino Pasta? (found it out! its Seafood Cioppino!) Haha.. Anyways, it was a classic seafood pasta. Rich tomato paste, laden with prawns and clams and topped with with Parmesan cheese. Excellent!


Next was a salmon dish served with grilled potatoes and tossed vegetables under that huge piece of meat. This tasted more like an Asian dish actually, but it was not too bad. The grilled potatoes in this dish and a few other dishes are to die for. Crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside.


Last is the Smoked Salmon Pizza. Haha, remembered the name for this one. Well for me, a great pizza is one that is classic in one way or the other, be it an Italian styled thin crust tomato pizza or a New York styled pepperoni pizza. Although it was not a complete letdown, salmon on pizza doesn't make me say great..


The interior decor and ambiance was nice. The food was good although more on the pricey side. Overall its a good place to go once in a while. But I prefer a dimmer and more low key setting for my Italian escapade ;-)

Italiannies
F355/356/357, 1st Floor Rainforest
1 Utama Shopping Centre
Bandar Utama,
47800 Petaling Jaya
03-77271399

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...