Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Sentul Famous Dim Sum Row @ Jalan Ipoh

This stretch of Jalan Ipoh supposedly houses a few of the best dim sum shops in Kuala Lumpur. So since I was with my relatives in Sentul to attend my cousin's wedding, what better way to start the day with dim sum for breakfast.

Dim Sum Sentul (1)

Along this row, there are 2 dim sum shops located next to each other that are the most crowded. You can easily see this if you're driving slowly at the side of the road.

Dim Sum Sentul (2)

I decided to try Kedai Kopi Mee Bon although the two shops appear not that different from one another. To my dismay, Mee Bon didn't have much variety when it came to their steamed dim sum and also did not serve any fried varieties. They didn't have proper Siew Mai as well. What a bummer!

Dim Sum Sentul (3)

To make matters worse, they all tasted well below average. I would have got better tasting dim sum at Taman Connaught in Cheras.

Dim Sum Sentul (4)

Variety was so short that we packed some fried varieties from the neighboring shop.

And so, I'm quite perplexed as how this row got its famous name when I couldn't take anything positive from this visit. Any comments? And any recommendations for really good dim sum  around Kuala Lumpur? ;)


Kedai Kopi Mee Bon
491 Jalan Ipoh
Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...